Welcome to the West Virginia Association of School Nurses website!
West Virginia Association of School Nurses, Inc. is a specialty nursing organization devoted exclusively to meeting the needs of school nurses and the children that school nurses serve. WVASN has a membership of over 200 school nurses and friends of school nurses.
Fall Conference 2017
Come join your fellow school nurses at beautiful Stonewall Resort for an enjoyable and interesting fall conference. The theme is "WVASN - Better Together". At this time of increasing challenges for all of us, we are certainly better able to meet our students' care needs when we are united. Despite social media, or maybe because of it, there is much isolation in our society, but our theme is a call to maintain membership and claim the power that is ours when we are members.
Some of the confirmed program topics will be:
- Burnout Prevention by national speaker Mark Yarbrough
- Shriners Hospital, burn care and plastic surgery updates
- Dr. Maple Landvoigt presenting about pediatric asthma in students with special needs, and caring for the student requiring a ventilator.
- Nurses Communicating and collaborating using Office 365 by Mark Moore
- Registered Dietitian Sharon Maynard presenting Food Facts, Fallacies, and the Generational Influence.
CLICK HERE for more information and the official Registration Form.
School Nurse of the Year
The form to for nominations for the School Nurse of the Year is available for download (PDF). You may download and print it by CLICKING HERE»».
The mission of the West Virginia Association of School Nurses is to promote the health and well being of students, staff and community, while coordinating quality health care in the school setting, and enhancing the practice of school nursing.
WVASN Members have voted to become unified with the National Association of School Nurses!
At the annual meeting, October 30, 2009, the membership of WVASN voted to become a Unified State with NASN. This will occur in 2011. CLICK ON NEWS AND NOTES for additional information.