If you have any questions about membership, you may contact the WVASN membership committee.
Unified Membership Structure
The West Virginia Association of School Nurses (WVASN) encourages all school nurses to join! WVASN is an affiliate organization of the National Association of School Nurses, Inc. (NASN). When you join, you are a member of WVASN and NASN with full benefits in both organizations. Membership dues are collected and managed at NASN national headquarters.
Top 10 Reasons to Join!
- WVASN is the only organization in the state that exclusively represents school nurses.
- The combined WVASN/NASN dues are $130.00 and can be paid quarterly through NASN.
- WVASN is an affiliate of the NASN, the only organization that works exclusively for school nurses on the national level.
- Email updates on what is happening in the state concerning school nurses and students and what is happening at NASN.
- Most of your West Virginia school nurse colleagues already belong.
- School nursing journals and free nursing continuing professional development contact hours from NASN.
- You are helping to fund a voice for school nurses in the legislature, through WVASN’s Government Liaison.
- You are helping to fund a national voice for WV school nurses through WVASN’s representative to the NASN Board.
- You are part of an association that is recognized as a Voice for Children.
- Belonging to your professional association is the mark of a true professional.
Benefits of Membership
- Connection to NASN and the West Virginia Nurses Political Action Committee through WVASN's affiliation with both groups.
- Opportunities to network with all of your school nurse friends and colleagues throughout the state.
- NASN communications including the NASN Quarterly Connection and Weekly Digest enewsletter.
- Online continuing nursing professional development programs for free or at a reduced rate in the NASN Learning Center.
- School nursing journals; The Journal of School Nursing, and NASN School Nurse.
- Discounted fees to selected health education opportunities throughout the state.
- VSP VisionTM Eyes of Hope® gift certificate program (enrollment for on NASN.org).
- Opportunities to have input into important policy and legislative issues.
NASN Strong Initiative
WVASN/NASN members earn $10 in NASN e-commerce credits for each member referred. Credits can be used towards dues renewal payments, NASN annual conference registration, and purchases in the NASN bookstore.
If you are an WVASN/NASN member, learn more here.
If you join WVASN/NASN, be sure to identify an WVASN/NASN member on your application so that someone can receive this valuable credit!