Why become a member of WVASN?
Top 10 Reasons to Join the West Virginia Association of School Nurses.
- West Virginia Association of School Nurses is the only organization in the state that exclusively represents school nurses.
- The combined WVASN/NASN dues are $130.00 and can be paid on a payment plan through NASN.
- WVASN is an affiliate of the National Association of School Nurses, the only organization that works exclusively for school nurses on the national level.
- As a WVASN/NASN member, you receive the Members Only e-mails, keeping you updated on what is happening in the state concerning school nurses and their students. You also receive emails, Journal of School Nursing and free Continuing Education hours from NASN.
- Most of your West Virginia school nurse colleagues already belong.
- You receive the WVASN Newsletter, the Beacon, and all other WVASN member mailings, as well as NASN mailings.
- You are helping to fund a voice for school nurses in the Legislature, through WVASN’s Government Liaison.
- You are helping to fund a national voice for WV school nurses through WVASN’s Representative to the NASN Board.
- You are part of an association that is recognized as a Voice for Children.
- Belonging to your professional association is the mark of a true professional.
Benefits of Membership
- You receive all West Virginia Association of School Nurses mailings, including the BEACON Newsletter
- You receive exclusive, member-only, e-mail updates on state and national issues that affect school nursing, health care and children’s issues.
- You have the opportunity to have input into important policy and legislative issues.
- WVASN is an affiliate of the National Association of School Nurses and the West Virginia Nurses Political Action Committee. As a WVASN member, you can maintain contact with both of these organizations.
- You will receive discounted fees to selected health education opportunities throughout the state.
- The most important benefit of being a member of WVASN is the opportunity to network with all of your school nurse friends and colleagues throughout the state.
Cost of Membership
Active membership is only $130 a year. Dues are $130.00. This fee includes your membership fee for NASN and WVASN.
Active members have the full privileges of members. They are eligible to hold office and to serve on committees. Only active members may vote during the WVASN Business meetings.
Please go to the NASN website and click on membership for further information and online enrollment and payment.
How To Join WVASN
Joining WVASN is easy. Just go to the NASN website and click on membership. The dues are combined $130.00 includes your WVASN and NASN dues. If you have any questions you may contact the WVASN membership chairperson :