Documents, downloads and other materials.
WVASN Presentation with Objectives
Perceptions of Asthma QOL in Child-Parent Dyads in two Rural Counties in West Virginia by Susan Pinto, APRN and Susan McCrone, PhD, PMHCNS-BC.
Mental Health Services and Schools — A Bonus for Students
By Frances L. Jackson, MN and Peggy Johnson, MA, LCSW.
Antibiotic Resistance: The Global Threat
From Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Youth Exploited: Drug Endangered Children & Human Trafficking
The presentation from the October 7th Intersections of Human Trafficking & Drug Endangered Children Workshop by Becky Owens Bullard, Trainer and Consultand on Human Trafficking.
Concussions in Sport 2018
Diabetes Talk 2018
Pands/Pandas In The Classroom
Seizures In The School Setting
Grow Where You are Planted: Bringing Health to the Education Model
Presented by Rebecca King, WVDE-State School Nurse Consultant.
Audiology for School Based Professionals
Presentation by Nancy Gillispie, Au.D. CCC-A, F.A.A.A.
Mental Health Concerns as Seen in the School Setting
Presentation by Janice Selekman DNSc, RN, NCSN, FNASN, Professor University of Delaware.
Back to School After a Spinal Cord Injury
WVASN Leaders in Health & Wellness 2018
The Tragedy of Childhood Blindness 2018
Trauma Informed Care Nursing Presentation 2018
School Nurse Certification
Excellence In School Nursing Leadership
Websites with information you can use!
The links below are to websites that might be of interest to WVASN’s audience. The inclusion of any resource or link on these pages does not imply endorsement. Information changes rapidly, so please check with each sponsoring organization or agency as to whether the information you are receiving on their website is current.
Professional Nursing Organizations
- NASN – National Association of School Nurses
- Become a NASN member
- WV Department of Education: Certification Verification
- ANA – American Nurses Association
- WVNA-West Virginia Nurses
- WVDE-West Virginia Department of Education
- NASN Publications Catalog and Order Form (Books & Accessories)
- WV Office of Healthy Schools
- Children’s Health Resources
- Talking to Kids About Tragic Events
- Merck Manual
- School Health
- Center for Disease Control
- NLN – National League for Nursing
- WV Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses
- American Medical (order medical ID)
- Tar Wars (Tobacco-free education program)
- Raze WV
Voluntary Organizations & Associations
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association
- American School Health Association
- Children and Adults with ADHD (CHADD)
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Food Allergy Network
- Hepatitis Foundation International
- Juvenile Diabetes Association
- National Pediculosis Association
- National Organization for Rare Disorders
State School Nurse Organizations
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina